"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Peanut butter Icing

I made some peanu butter cream cheese icing, it was delicious!

In the bowl of an electric mixer beat on medium high speed until creamy:
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup shortening

Add and beat until creamy:
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup smooth peanut butter (I had used almond butter and it had tiny pieces of nuts that kept getting stuck in my tips, very annoying!)

Add all at once and beat at low speed until smooth:
4 cups sifted powdered thot not sugar (you can get the recipe here: http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2011/02/powdered-sugar-made-from-palm-sugar.html )

Continue to beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
If it is too thick add a tablespoon of milk until you get the right consistency, if it is not thick enough for decorating, just keep adding powdered sugar until it is thick enough.

I ran out of palm sugar and did not have anymore to add, I wish I had of.

Enjoy,
Missy

2 comments:

Linda in Calif. said...

Yum, this looks so good. I can just taste it on top of some chocolate cupcakes.

Diane said...

This sounds like the answer to a frosting my son wants. Can I use regular powdered sugar? Is there a reason for the powdered palm sugar? What is palm sugar? LOL
Sorry for all the questions.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8