"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Coin Purse

 I finally bought a clasp to make a coin purse a couple of weeks ago.  Yesterday I made my first coin purse.  I need to find a better pattern to follow though.
I fussy cut the big rose for the front of the coin purse,
and fussy cut two smaller roses for the back of the coin purse.
 This is the inside of the coin purse.  I love this material too, it just makes me smile!
To keep it real:  My corners where the latch bends, are not sewn very well and are a mess.  I tried reinforcing them by hand stitching them.  The tutorial I found said to glue the top into the clasp to hold it while I sewed it on.  Not only did the glue make a mess, but as it dried, it made it very difficult to push the needle through.  I was thinking of maybe seeing if my binder clips would work to hold the material in place while I sew it onto the clasp.  If you have a pattern you like to use, please share it with me!  My friend, Clarissa, asked me to make her one!  LOL


Thanks!
Missy

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Your coin purse is delightful! The fabrics make me smile too. Bright and happy :)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Gorgeous fabric and from where I'm sitting it looks great. I've only ever made one framed purse and it was a sew in frame - very fiddly, but it worked well. It was an evening purse, so much bigger than a coin purse. I make a mess with glue for even the simplest of projects, so thought the sewing would be easier for me.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I have wanted to try this too but wasn't sure how to put it together

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

This one from Craftsy is great. I have made a couple. The pattern is very good.
Coin Purse UR Priceless

Grandma said...

Pretty, makes want to make one!

Denise :) said...

This is very darling! The prints you used are sweet. It reminds me that I have a clasp I need to stitch up a pocket purse for! :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice. I've not tried one yet.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Very cute, I like those fabrics too. Visiting from Creative Goodness. That glue always makes a mess for me too, I just don't use it anymore. I would think some clips would work as you are thinking.

essay-writer-club said...

Oh this coin purse is very pretty. My sister wanted to have such one and I'm actually trying to sew such for the first time.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8