"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Felines, Fall Foliage, Follies, Fridays

I have made some progress on my maple leaf table runner.  The outside is quilted, I started the inside of the leaves, but I don't like it.  I am unpicking it now.  Any suggestions?  I did a stipple on the outside and quilted around each leaf.
 Today, I kicked a chair and tried to break my toe.  I think it is just a very bad sprain, my toe is swollen and badly bruised.  Oh well, it gave me a chance to watch the Great British Sewing Bee on YouTube.

 I am surprised I still have roses growing in my garden!  I love my roses and hope to have a beautiful rose garden one day.
"The Rose is without an explanation; She blooms, because She blooms."  Angelus Silesius

 Pippi loves this rocking chair in my sewing room and would sleep in it at all times if I kept the sewing room door open.
 Last Friday, we went on a hayride with our church.  We had a great time!
 "For humans, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together.
For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad."
Edwin Way Teale
 We have been leash training Pippi.  She blends in so nicely with the leaves, it is quite obvious why she is called a camo calico.
Tomorrow, Friday, I will spend the day at church helping to sew dresses for little girls around the world.  I think it is going to be a lot of fun!
Do you have any suggestions for taking care of my roses over the winter?  I've put mulch and straw on the beds to take care of the roots, any other hints?
Have a great weekend!
Missy

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good luck on leash training Pippi - does she seem to like it? I've seen funny online videos where the cat just falls over when it's been leashed. I hope she is more refined then that. In fact, she seems to like it in your garden =^..^=

I hope the toe is healing nicely since I'm quite delayed in catching up on your blog...

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8