"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Chain Stitching

I am finally quilting again!  I have to have this quilt finished by Friday for a quilt show.  I need to get busy!  I tried to quilt it on my industrial that I do my FMQ on, but it did not want to straight stitch, so I had to move to a smaller treadle.
 We started a making a quilt in my sewing class and have a new student.  AJ is only seven so her mom stays and helps her.  Zoe and Alayna made their first chain stitches.
 All three of them are learning how to use the rotary cutter.


AJ's mom snapped a picture of me helping AJ with the rotary cutter.
 They are also learning how to iron.
I really enjoy teaching these classes!

Today is the last day to enter my giveaway for an ice cream sandwich maker.
Darlene, you are a no-reply blogger and I cannot reply to your comment.
http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2017/08/giveaway.html

Missy

Pets on Quilts starts on Thursday, be sure to get your pictures ready!
http://lilypadquilting.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-party-starts-on-thursday.html


3 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks like "your" girls are having lots of fun! Good luck finishing your quilt for the show!!

Kim said...

It so wonderful to see young people interested in sewing/quilting. This looks like so much fun!

Marcy said...

How neat. The girls look very proud of their chain pieces. I hope they continue quilting.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8