"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tips for ready to serve meals

I feel like I always need a picture on my blog posts, since I didn't have any for this one I thought you might like this one of Pippi and Muffin.  Aren't they cute?
With fall, school and the holidays coming up we are pretty busy.  I thought I would share a couple of interesting blog posts I have found.  Unfortunately I couldn't do this first one since my husband hates veggies and soups.  She shows how she has one day of meal preparation.  She chops up all her veggies and puts them in baggies ready to pop in a crock pot in the morning.
http://mamaandbabylove.blogspot.com/2011/04/freezer-cooking-with-slow-cooker.html

This next one is ingenious!  They are great if you like to have food storage in case of a catastrophe, or your husband loses his job, or if you just want quick meals!  I thought they would be great for camping too!  She uses freeze dried food - dry milk, veggies, spices and even freeze dried meat!  You just pour boiling water over it and you are ready to go!
http://cheftessbakeresse.blogspot.com/search/label/meals%20in%20a%20jar

Something else I have always wanted to try is having meals prepared in cans.  My husband doesn't like soups and chili but I don't want to make a whole batch just for my lunches, I get sick of the leftovers after a while.  My goal is to eventually get a pressure canner so that I can make my own homemade canned soup!  Talk about convenient.  What a great gift for a sick friend, a can of homemade chicken noodle soup!  Fresh, organic and healthy - no MSGs!  Here a couple of articles I found:
http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/canningconvenfood.htm
http://thisdamecooks.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/canning-vegetable-soup/


If anyone has any other resources they would like to share I would appreciate it!

Missy

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8