"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Vintage Aprons

I went yard saling and got some great deals!  My favorite was the six vintage aprons I got for $3!
The first two look like they were made from handkerchiefs or something.  The material is very light and delicate.  I love the big red flowers on this one.
 This one has a grossgrain ribbon for the tie and waist band.
 It has an unusual triangular shaped pocket.

 I like the two textures used on this one.  I love the material used!
 Of course you have the delicate hostess apron, with a beautiful lace trimmed pocket.
 That pink is very see through and Cupcake wanted to show you.
 This one has been used a lot and the material is starting to tear in the middle.
 I love the detail on the pocket.
 I'm going to use this one around the house, the pockets on the side are perfect for carrying my cell phone and stuff.  It is not delicate like the other ones so it can be used.
 This last one was a gift from a new friend.  It was her mother's which makes it extra special!
 I love the tiny blue flowers on the double edge lace.
Now I just need to find a great way to display them!  Have a great day ya'll!

Missy

11 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Well those are in really good shape. Can't believe they would let them go so cheap!

Kim said...

Those were a steal! They look so pretty!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Those are lovely. If money would allow maybe a shadowbox and you could switch them out.

Deborah Hamilton said...

Those are beautiful aprons, and you really hit the jackpot. I need to make myself an apron with a small pocket for my cell phone.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

what a great find! My favorite is the first one. When I was growing up we used aprons all the time. My Mom wouldn't let us work in the kitchen without one....we had to keep our school clothes clean!

Lisa Ehrman said...

I love these aprons! The colors are beautiful :)

Sarah said...

What a group of great finds! I have a good sturdy apron at home with a big pocket that I never seem to use (I just leave my cell in the center of the house). As opposed to the delicate hostess apron which doesn't look like it could do much for protecting your clothes. LOL. Thanks to Cupcake for posing!

Hilachas said...

I don't know why my comment came out as anonymous. It shows my name when I publish it....

Hilachas said...

Oh, it worked that time without my comment telling you how much I like your aprons.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing these on the Thursday Blog Hop!

Katherines Corner said...

wow, wonderful vintage treasures! Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. ♥

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8