"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, October 17, 2011

Quilting Class

I am taking a quilting class!  This is something that I have wanted to do for years.  Our local activities center is offering affordable classes.  My teacher, Lori, brought some of the quilts she made.  Aren't they gorgeous?
She even quilts beautiful bags.

I love the colors that she uses.  Quilting is such an awesome way to be creative.
There are a lot of supplies that I could buy, but I only had to buy a couple of special rulers, the big one and small one.  Rulers are very important to ensure accuracy in cutting and sewing.  The small ruler is to ensure that my needle on my sewing machine is set exactly on 1/4 inch to make 1/4 inch seams.  I also bought special curved safety pins for pinning the layers together and special quilting needles for my machine.  The most expensive thing was the batting, which is very expensive!

The above quilt is the first quilt my teacher ever made and it is the same pattern I chose also.  I have some blocks sewn but I forgot to take a picture.  I'll be finishing my wall hanging tomorrow and can't wait to share pictures with you!
Don't forget to check out my other blog to win Davis Bunn's newest book!  The contest ends tomorrow night.  bodaciousbookworms.blogspot.com
Missy
Here is one more quilt she has made.

2 comments:

retrorevival.biz said...

How exciting, Missy! Looking forward to you sharing your progress ~ post pix please!

~Cindy

krismas1999 said...

I would love to buy one but I have no talent to make one:0)

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8