"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I've been busy!

I like to talk!  When I meet new people, I talk to them about anything and everything, which is why I love to blog.  I get to talk to a lot of people and share things I am doing.  BUT (I know not to start a sentence like that but I don't care) my laptop crashed and I have been sharing a laptop with my husband which has been driving him crazy, he wants it back before I have "girlified" it!  I've added a pin it button, shortcuts to blogger, Google reader, Facebook, etc on his laptop (shhh, don't tell!).  BUT (bad sentence structure again) sharing a laptop does not leave much time to blog, which makes me very sad.  I still have some vacation photos to share with ya'll!
My husband had to go out of town last week for work and since I had the car (we only have one) I filled my days with activities.  Monday, Ashley and I went to the church to work on our Sunday School classrooms and I cleaned out the car from vacation time.   I helped her hang a bulletin board in her class, me with power tools is scary!  (don't look at my pocket sticking out, which you probably would not have noticed if I had not said anything)




 Tuesday, Lynn, Pam and I went thrift store shopping and ate lunch at my favorite restaurant - Panera Bread.  Wednesday, Lynn and I went to Chrystal's house to sew all day.  I am teaching Lynn how to hand stitch a grandmother's flower garden.  She is doing a great job!
 Her first flower!
Chrystal taught me how to use her serger, I want one now!



I picked Chris up from the airport Wed. night and got lost in the wrong parking garage for 20 minutes driving around in circles before I finally found my way out!  The sun was setting by the time we were driving home.


Then Friday and Saturday had a yard sale at a friend's house in Ft. Worth and made enough money to pay my water bill, God always provides!
Of course Sunday was church.  Monday I was sick, I was freezing even though it was 100 outside, I stayed wrapped in a quilt all day.  Tuesday was better and I went with Cynthia to Ft. Worth to help Lynn set up her classroom for school and then last night Lynn and I went to a new friend's house for quilting.  We met her at the yard sale Saturday, although Lynn was her grandaughter's kindergarten teacher two years ago.  We both sewed on our Grandmother's flower garden quilts.
I've had a busy two weeks and now it is time to get my house clean!
What have you been up to lately?
Missy

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

You're indeed a busy lady, Missy! Keep up the great work...and I won't tell your hubby about those shortcut links on his laptop. :)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Glad you feel better now! Busy always, aren't you. It's been crazy here too, both work and at home. At least temperatures are now below 100!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8