One of my faithful readers, Kathy from "Moving on to the Past", nominated me for the "One Lovely Blog Award"
I thought that was very sweet. What this means is that I need to tell you seven things about me.
1. I have a speech impediment. I have a hard time saying my r's, so I will never name a child or fur baby a name that starts with R. My sister was my "interpreter" growing up because my speech was so bad, I spent my entire Elementary in speech therapy and would not even talk to others until I started school. My mom likes to say that they couldn't find the "on" switch for the longest time, then once they found it, they couldn't find the "off" switch! I do like to talk. I have a bit of an AR/TX mix in my speech with a little Bostonian thrown in because of the r's!
|My sister, Thresia, and I at my wedding and at my great grandmother's wedding (yes, my hair is red, the picture is just dark) The first picture is Aug. 5, 1995, second picture I think 1973 or early 1974|
2. My sister is three years older than me and she is my best friend and I love her very much. We are exactly alike, yet nothing alike! LOL I am actually the youngest of eight children, six half siblings. I have never met four of them and have not seen my brother Zachary since I was eight. My sister, Thresia is the only I was raised with and is the only I have ever had a sibling relationship with. My sister's birthday is Sept. 29 and I will be 40 on Sept. 30.
|Missy and Thresia, Jan. 2013|
3. Missy is my nickname, I was so messy when I was little, my parents called me Messy Missy and just dropped the messy part. All of my friends call me Missy. I am still messy and accident prone though. My real name is Milinda spelled with an I and everyone misspells it!
4. I am from Lubbock, TX where all of my family is from. My dad moved to Jacksonville, AR when I was eight and I moved in with him when I was 16. Therefore, I consider both places my hometown.
5. I accepted the Lord as my Saviour when I was 16. Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
6. I married a Yankee from Waterford, Pennsylvania. I was so shy when I met my husband that I would not talk to him for six months after he moved to AR because he told his friend he was going to marry me after meeting me once. (Totally freaked me out!) Of course Zeke teased me mercilessly about it! He only got his first date because I needed someone to do my taxes and I felt bad because he did them and would not accept payment. The rest is history!
7. My husband and I did not kiss until after we were married, and I was laughing so hard at the wedding that I could not pucker, so his first kiss was in the car wash after the wedding. They had written "just married" in mustard on the car! I laugh when I get in front of groups of people, because of my shyness, which is why I was laughing at the wedding.
8. I collect penguins, but I now limit it to cookies jars, snow globes and practical things I can actually use. I got to pet a penguin at Sea World a couple of years ago! This is a picture of my husband and I with a King Penguin at the FL Sea World.
Oh, and since I am turning 40 this month, I'll be planning some giveaways - so be sure to stay tuned!
Have a great day ya'll!
Psalm 119:26 & 27
26 "I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me: teach me thy statutes.
27 Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works."