"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

She can sew anything!

A friend had a utility belt that needed to be brought in. She is like a size zero!  She asked me if I had a strong needle and could I hand sew it for her.  Well, I had a better solution than that!
I just folded it over (I didn't want to cut it since she is trying to gain weight), so I have four layers of nylon.  Popped it under my Industrial treadle and sewed a  rectangle around it.  Took me five minutes!  I did have to move the wheel manually, but it was still a lot simpler then trying to hand sew it!

The only down side is that when I went to quilt (after changing back to pink thread), I forgot to readjust the tension.  It was all out of whack so I have to redo that entire section, luckily it was only two blocks.

I have been steadily finding a few minutes here and there to quilt, but have not had much time with all of the packing.


Cupcake and Custard have not made very easy for me either, but they sure do make me smile!

Missy

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like she can handle anything!

Kim said...

Love these old machines. They are a work horse.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8