"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ft Worth Quilt Show, Part 1



 I went to my first quilt show on Saturday!  My husband was so sweet to go with me.  It was the Trinity Valley Quilter's Quild of Fort Worth 30th Annual Quilt Show.  "Remember When, Quilted Memories of Days Gone By".  I just found out about it a few days before the show, so sorry I didn't give ya'll a heads up for those who are local.  I had a blast!

I took a lot of pictures, so this will be a three or four parter series.  I did get permission to take pictures and post them on my blog.
Of course, I loved this first one with the cats (and dogs) by Rita Galaska


 This next one is Yo Yo Ma made by Lynda Hansard and quilted by Susan Corbett

 I thought this was an unusual one, my sister would really like it.
It is Flower Child by Susan Corbett

 I've seen this pattern before, I really want it so I could make one myself.  I love aprons and quilts, so it would be perfect for me!
This one is made by Denise Wilson and quilted by Susan Corbett


 I love butterflies, I blame that on my mom.  She loves butterflies and so my sister and I both love them too, LOL.  This one is called Grandma's Butterflies made by Sally Brown and quilted by Dawn Smith.


 This is a great sampler quilt.

 One of these days I am going to make a Sunbonnet Sue quilt!


 I love this Quilting Bee quilt!


 What fun, a patchwork chair!

 Another butterfly quilt!  I think this one was all hand pieced and quilted.

 This quilt was amazing!  Maybe one day, years down the road, I'll make an art quilt!

 Look at the details!
That is all the pictures for today, I need to get back to my quilt.  I am almost done with the top.  After measuring my sheet, I am not going to add any material to it, I'll just make the top fit it.  I forgot to buy a solid colored material for the binding, so I am going to have to make it scrappy, but I think it will look fine since I will be putting a white border around it.
My foot is better, I can't stand on it long without it getting sore though, and I have a terrible bruise.
Here is the FB page for the Trinity Valley Quilter's Guild of Ft. Worth
and here is there website:  http://www.tvqg.org/

I hope you enjoyed looking at the quilts, I'll have more for you later!
Missy

5 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

You had so much fun! I missed our quilt show, I need to go next year. I love the butterfly and the sample quilt. Glad you're having a good time and the foot is better.

Penny Zeller said...

Great post, Missy! I love the pictures and I so admire your talent.

Denise :) said...

Susan Corbett gets around! I loved the cats portion of the Animal Attractions, too! I have several Sunbonnet Sues that my grandma cut out and never used. I need to do a little something special with those, don't I?! Thanks for sharing -- the show was fun! :)

Pattilou said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures. It was a fun treat this morning over my coffee!

retrorevival.biz said...

How fun! I really need to get to a show since I'm a quilter too!

~Cindy

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8