"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cutting Table Setup

 Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!  I would like to think everyone who has responded and are helping to make blocks!  I got the first three blocks in the mail yesterday for the prayer quilt.  If you missed the post about the prayer quilt, you can get that information here.  I am loving the red and white!  Some of ya'll have asked about prints, prints are just fine!  The white fabric I am using is white on white, but you can use any white fabric you have.  These blocks came from Lee Anne at Podunk Pretties I really enjoy her blog, so be sure to stop by and say hi!  If you are sending me blocks, please be sure to include your blog if you have one so I can let everyone know!
 
 We found this ruler organizer at a craft shop in Mountain Home, AR.  It was only like $7!  I have been wanting one for a while and my husband saw this and asked me if I wanted it!  Of course the answer was yes!
 I finally found all of my rulers, scissors and rotary cutters today!  I was so excited!  Now I can start on my blocks for the prayer quilt!
I never did tell ya'll what my husband bought me for my birthday back in September.  He bought me a 9 1/2 inch ruler, 6 1/2 inch ruler and a rotating cutting mat(the yellow one).  Don't I have an awesome husband?  Here is my cutting table for now.  When we buy our house, I'll probably get a new dining room table, so the old one will come into my sewing room to use.  Up top there with the green fabric is a quilting frame my friend Judy donated to the prayer quilt ministry!  Isn't that awesome?  The legs are in the closet.
We are going to a friends house for Thanksgiving, I am bringing a cake, pecan pie (my first), sweet potato casserole and cream style corn.  Good thing I have a big toaster oven because the oven in this rental does not work and the landlord does not want to put any money into the house.
I am thankful I have a house that allows my cats even if I'm not very happy with the house!  LOL

Have a very happy Thanksgiving ya'll!
Missy

6 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

LOL Missy I am right there with you. Our oven died, so I am cooking in a roaster oven and toaster oven. We did find a stove on craigslist for $50 but we can't get it installed until Friday. Enjoy Thanksgiving.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

It looks like everything (but the oven) is working out ok for you all. Good luck on the pies!

Kathleen said...

What a thoughtful gift to come from your husband. Sounds like he pays attention to your sewing needs! I have one of those rotating cutting mats and I just love it! Those are perfect size rulers too (which I don't have but want!). Guess I'll have to drop some hints around my husband, see what happens :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just mailed 8 blocks this morning. Might be there by Saturday. First thing I sewed in my just refurbished new to me 201.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Your hubby definitely knows what you like! The rail fence in red is lovely.

kate steeper said...

love the hat ...i need hats but i can never ever find anything i like.I Have resorted to very Eastern European headscarfs lol..just for the horror factor on peoples faces

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8