"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Quilt Blocks

Hello everyone!  I hope ya'll are having a great week!  I have not had a chance to share a couple of blocks I made the past couple of weeks for The Sew Sweet Bee, organized by Donna over at Donna's Lavender Nest.
This month Jennie, from Clover & Violet, chose a block she had designed herself.  You can get the pattern Here.  Low volume is something new for me.  The star is supposed to be a solid color and the outside low volume.  I've never thought about, much less done low volume before so I hope she likes it!
 Heather from Vintage Grey had last month's block.  She chose a pinwheel.  I love the colors and prints she chose.  Aqua, pink and yellow.  I am going use these types of fabrics for my block.

My month is January and I need a 12 1/2 inch block.  I want to do a basket quilt but I cannot decide between a basket with a rick rack handle or a cactus pot basket.  I like them both!  Any suggestions?

  My knee is doing better.  I have had many people mention I need stitches.  I agree, but the hospital is an hour away and my elderly neighbor said they would not stitch it anyways, so we did not go.  Hindsight, you know!  I do have butterfly bandages on it now and there is no sign of infection.  I have been treating it with colloidal silver and lavender essential oil.  Once it starts scarring I'll put coconut oil and vitamin E on it to prevent the scarring.  I have been taking silver and coconut oil internally to help prevent infections from the inside also.

Since I cannot do much sewing because I can't get my knee comfortable, I have been watching some Christian movies while I worked on my Scrappy Trip Along Quilt.  One of the steps is sewing the strips into a tube and then having to unpick the seams. All the blocks were ready for the unpicking.   So I have been having  a froggy time - rip it, rip it.  If you have not made one, here is the pattern with visuals so you can understand.  I did the last 35-40 blocks.  Now I just need to sew them!  Yeah!

I hope you are having a great week!

Missy
"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8







There was an error in this gadget