"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Goals and a new Treadle!

Hi everybody, I missed ya'll but I had a great time at the TOGA!  I made it a road trip and also went to Arlington, TX to see my friend Marie and Jacksonville, AR to see my step mom, step brother, sister in law and nephews.  I have a lot to write about the TOGA (treadle on gathering academy) but first I need to organize my thoughts and tons of pictures!  LOL
I can't believe it is already May!  I finished my April Goal, the rail fence quilt.  I am going to keep my May goals pretty simple.  I need to make March, April and May block of the months from Quilt Doodle Designs
They are pretty big blocks and one is a row.

I got  a new sewing machine!  I have been wanting a treadle with the Lotus flower decal for a couple of years.  I bought one from a friend at the TOGA.  I am sew excited!  She is so beautiful!
 Tiger was a perfect model for me!  Don't you love the cabinet?  The legs are wood!
 Here is a close up of the decals.
Her serial number is F 6297915 and according to ISMACS she is born in 1910 in Clydebank, Scotland.  That would make her 104 years old!  I can't wait to start sewing on her!
Singer used to have a place where you could print off a certificate with your machine's information on it, but I could not find it when I looked.  Does anyone know if they still do that?

Happy May!

Missy

I am linking up to A Lovely Year of Finishes for the goal setting party.

12 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

That is really pretty! Congratulations. I've been saving the Quilt Doodle BOM patterns and hope to get to it sometime. Can't wait to see yours.

Kay said...

Try: mysingerstory.com for the certificate. Near the bottom of the home page. Two weeks ago I purchased a Lotus in a parlor cabinet. Like you I had been wanting a Lotus. Glad that you had a good time at the TOGA. I plan to go to the NETOGA in late August. I went to my first TOGA last year and had a wonderful time! Learned a lot! Such nice people!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Last fall, I bought a treadle cabinet to put a Singer 237 in so I could zig zag treadle. It came with a very rusty Lotus. I could not throw it away. I soaked all the rusty parts ( not the painted parts) in vinegar and got rid of all the rust. I am polishing them with mother's aluminum and mag polish. I am polishing the paint with TR3. When it is all rehabbed, I will give it away. It moves great after Tri flow soaking. Yours is more pristine.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's gorgeous! I just love it! The decals are so unique and in such great shape for such an old girl!

Heidi said...

Your new Lotus is lovely. I just love the lotus decals. It is a machine for my bucket list :)

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Have fun with your new beautiful lady!!

Deborah Hamilton said...

That is a beautiful machine and cabinet. I'm sure you will enjoy her! I was so glad to get to meet you at TOGA, and I had a wonderful time. I plan to go to the June retreat, too. Thanks so much for posting about it or I would never have known. I hope to see you again.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very pretty machine. I am sooo happy you had a good time, but I missed you blogging. Welcome back.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

http://www.mysingerstory.com/
At the bottom, right side of the page it says 'Find My Singer Story'. Enter your info, click the button, then print your certificate. Glad you found a Lotus.

Allison in Plano said...

Happy May to you too Missy!! The pictures just don't do your new beauty justice! I'm glad I got to see her in person at the NE TX TOGA -- gosh, just a week ago we were having all that fun!! Enjoy sewing on her. Do you name your machines? Hugs, Allison in Plano, TX

Sarah said...

Your new treadle sure is pretty - love the decals! Love Tiger and all his fluffiness too =^..^=

purplefiend said...

I have the same cabinet, except the treadle legs are metal. It currently has a 1936 Singer 201k in the cabinet.
Sharon Weaver in Round Rock

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8