"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Finished Blocks

I have finally had some time to sew this week.  Not very much time, but every few minutes count!
I only got four blocks done so far.
This is where I am sewing.
If I counted right, I have ten blocks left!

In the summer when I had hurt my knee and was couch bound, I got all of my blocks ready for sewing.  I separated them with finished blocks.
Of course I had cats hanging out with me.  Oreo was in the right spot, on the cat bed.

Tiger was sitting on my treadles - sigh

Muffin was very much in the way.  He kept coming back to this spot too!

This is where I keep my finished blocks, unfortunately Oreo has no problem getting in the basket!  If I counted right, I have 71 finished blocks!  That means I should have about 80 blocks when all finished.  I am off by one somewhere, but better one too many then to be short one!


I am hoping to start sewing the top together this weekend, it just depends.  I offered to help with the food for the murder mystery dinner theater my school is putting on Saturday.

Tell me what kind of "helpers" you have!

Missy

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Hmm...mine work as paperweights more than anything altho Zorro did hijack a catnip toy I had been making for an upcoming bazaar and give it the "suitcase gorilla" test, if you know what I mean. I'm afraid the toy didn't survive.

Congrats on having so many blocks done - not long now...

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

You are right every little bit counts. It is hard to chisel out that time even if it is only 1/2 an hour or so. Blocks are coming along, and Muffin was just trying to make sure that you did not have any blocks shift.

retrorevival.biz said...

Sweet kitties! My Beagle is my helper:)

Denise :) said...

Some kind of help is the kind of help, we all could do without!! LOL! I am totally in love with your Tiger -- he's so handsome!! :)

Beth said...

Those are great blocks to work on in short spurts of time. This is a great scrap quilt!

donna said...

Your blocks look great.
Hugs
donna

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Good job on the blocks. I really got a big smile out of the Oreo in the Box! LOL

Missy Shay said...

Am I a no-reply blogger?

Missy Shay said...

is it fixed?

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8