"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  A parent at school baked some cupcakes and then asked me to decorate them for the kids, so I made a turkey!  I messed up and put an extra orange feather, but that's okay.  I found a picture online for inspiration.  The turkey's body kind of slid because the frosting was too soft, but I love the way it turned out.  It looks like I did it on purpose.

We had a cold morning and since both Chris and I had the day off, we had a fire going in the fireplace.  The cats really enjoy the fire too!

Psalms 100:4  "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name."

Missy

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The kitty photo should be your Christmas card! It is precious.

Denise :) said...

Missy, your turkey cupcakes are marvelous!! I love your kitty-cat pic -- it's so fun!! :)

Michelle said...

I agree with Linda pretty Christmas card. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your turkey turned out very cute. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathleen said...

I love your cupcake turkey! At first glance I thought it was cookies, which is giving me an idea for something to do next year!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I love the cupcakes. Until you mentioned it, I didn't notice the color on the feather.

Nancy said...

Your turkey cake looks like it would delight little ones. Very fun.

Sarah said...

I had forgotten about your basket cat beds. Everyone looks cozy comfy in front of the fire!
Fantastic cupcake idea. I've never tried to make a cake from cupcakes altho I think my cake-decorating-fiend SIL has tried it once. I'll share the idea with her...

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8