"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, November 7, 2016

Quilt Poem

Every post needs a picture!


Making A Quilt

Pieces of fabric,
All sewn together,
It is a little magic,
As you sew the thread gather.

Color upon color,
Designs mixed and matched,
Whether two pieces or four,
Soon a quilt is hatched.

Several blocks are sewn,
Whether a pattern or scrappy,
This is how a quilt’s grown.
Quilting makes me happy!

Soon you will have a top,
Now it may need a border,
Something that will pop,

Which is why I’m a fabric hoarder!

Sandwich the top with the back,
Which means you need to baste,
Spray it, pin it, or tack,
There is no time to waste.

Quilting is another process,
Free motion or straight line,
Don’t rush, or you’ll have a mess,
It’s gonna turn out just fine!

We’re not done yet,
We still need to bind,
All the fabric has now met,
You’ve created a one of a kind!

Whether it is a gift,
Or for your home,
You crafted it bit by bit,
Just look at what you’ve sewn!

By:  Missy Shay

Have you ever had a poem that just had to be written?  This was one of those times.  I know it is kind of corny, but it was fun to write.  I made a document with quilt pictures and typed my poem on it so I can print it off and hang it up in my sewing room.  I could not figure out how to put it on my blog though.  I hope you enjoyed it!

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice inspiration. I am sure it will look great on your wall.

Little Penpen said...

Love it Missy! :)

Sarah said...

It's corny in the most perfect way cuz it's 100% true!!!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8