"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Christmas Parties!

I had two Christmas parties today!  I forgot to take my phone to the quilt guild party this afternoon, but I did take a picture of the food I took to the party.

 I made my stepmom's candy cane cookies.
As you can tell, it is a very old recipe!
This afternoon was the Christmas party at my Homemaker's group.  I made no-bake peanut butter cheesecake.  It was delicious!  Here is the recipe!
 The cookies were a chocolate cherry cookie I make every year.
I love the tablescape Miss Norma had on her table.
 Her daughter made the adorable table runner.  She loves to quilt but lives an hour away, so we never get to quilt together.


 We had a gift exchange with a five dollar sewing notion.  I wrapped mine in fabric and added one of the ornaments that I had made.

 I found this cute sewing kit at my LQS, it has practically anything you would need on the go.
 My favorite part was the scene with the treadle.

I enjoy Christmas parties and baking for them, but two parties in one day made for a long day!

Have a great weekend ya'll!

Missy

5 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

I absolutely love Christmas, love Christmas Parties. So happy to hear you had two Christmas Parties today. Your cookies and pie look absolutely yummy. Sounds like a super fun day with good quilty friends. Happy Holidays.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Kim said...

Christmas parties are always so much fun especially with a gift exchange of sewing goodies. Your treats look delicious!
Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

Such a cute table runner! I can definitely see where the prep work for 2 parties is a little much but I hope you had lotsa fun!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love your Christmas get up! Sounds like a whole lot of fun squeezed into one day. We had our guild party last Monday and it was terrific. Instead of gifts, we bring new socks and underwear for children's organization that takes in emergency removal of abused children. We had a whole table filled, ready to go down to them! And the food was fabulous.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yes, two parties in one day would be a long day. Glad you had fun.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8