"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bottle Cap Earrings





Remember my trip on Route 66?  I bought these really cute hot dog earrings.  I wanted some more earrings, but not the same ones that was at every tourist stop, so I made my own.
We bought a couple of bottles of Route 66 soda.  A lime soda(which was delicious!)and a Route beer(yes I spelled it right!).  They are made with real cane sugar, no HFCS.
I bought a package of earring hooks from the store.
Then I had my husband use his Dremel tool to make a hole in the top of the bottle caps.
Then I put the hooks in and made sure they were facing the right way.  They kept moving so I added a drop of hot glue to the back to keep them in place.
And now I have a new pair of earrings!  These will be great when we travel the rest of Route 66!
I have also been doing some sewing, I'm finishing up a dress for a friend.
What have you been up to?
Missy

2 comments:

retrorevival.biz said...

Those are so cute and unique, Missy! Nice job:)

~Cindy

Denise :) said...

Missy, these are really cute! :)

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8