"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, October 21, 2013

Why I don't celebrate Halloween


4I used to celebrate Halloween, I loved to dress up and of course I loved the candy.  That was my extent of "celebrating" it.  Then I learned a little more about Halloween.
Please read so you will know exactly what the holiday is all about!

Kids love Halloween because its both fun and scary. But they have no idea what's behind this celebration. 
To satanists and witches, Halloween is no joke.(Don't tell me they don't exist either!  When I worked in Erie, people bought books with that stuff in it and they admitted to being practicing witches) It's their most solemn ceremony of the year. As we get closer to the Second coming of Jesus... Satanism will increase. So will human sacrifice! Halloween started in the British Isles with the Druids. October 31st was a night of terror called "Sanhain", it was a night of human sacrifices. 
Satan loves Halloween because it glamorizes the powers of darkness, drawing little kids into his camp. And it's paying! Witchcraft is exploding among teens today. Halloween opens the door to Satanism. 
www.chick.com "  Why do you think there are so many deaths on Halloween?  
I saw a lot of evidence of this while I lived in Erie, PA. I worked at a bookstore and the most popular section was the witchcraft section. People I worked with thought it was normal and "fun" to have a ghost living in their house. They didn't realize that their "ghost" was a demon. It is very wicked how synthesized people are about Halloween. The animal shelters won't even adopt out black cats this time of year, and they won't adopt any animals to certain people they think are up to "mischief."
"Halloween is important to witches because this is their holy day designed for them by satan so they can provide additional sacrifices to him. Here are some techniques they use to prepare more children to worship and serve satan. In order to obtain more blood for Satan they will plant razor blades, crush glass, pins, etc. in the various "treats" they hand out during trick or treating. The total sacrifices (murder) will be obtained by injecting poisons and drugs into the treats. They say special incantations needed to place curses on the treats which will influence the children eating them. 
These witches could be your neighbors and you would never know. 
Halloween came from an ancient Druid custom set up for human sacrifices on Halloween night. Druids offered children in sacrifices. They believed that only "the fruit of the body" offered to Satan was for the "sin of the soul" 
The trick or treat custom was created by the Druids. When they went to a home and demanded a child or virgin for sacrifice, the victim was the Druids' treat. 
In exchange, they would leave a jack-o-lantern with a lighted candle made of human fat to prevent those inside from being killed by demons that night. 
When some unfortunate couldn't meet the demands of the Druids, then it was time for the trick. A symbolic hex was drawn on the front door. That night Satan and his demons would kill someone in that home. 
The children who are mutilated and murdered every Halloween are no accident. They are carefully planned sacrifices to Satan, carried out by those who serve and worship him. 
This information comes from ex-witches who have been saved. 
go to www.chick.com to read the entire booklet."
Even Jack-o-lanterns have a bad beginning.
Halloween started in the British Isles with the Druids. Oct. 31 was a night of terror called "Samhain". The Druids went house to house collecting human sacrifices. In exchange for for the victim they left a jack-o-lantern which was supposed to protect the home from death demons that night. 
Info from Chick tracts 
http://www.chick.com/seasonal/halloween/tractsuggestions.asp 
go here to read the full article.
I believe from what you have read and according to what the Bible says you will understand why I do not think any Christian should have anything to do with Halloween.

"10  There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11  Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12  For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee."
Deuteronomy 18:10-12

Deuteronomy 32:17  "They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not."


God says not to have anything to do with any of that stuff.
God holds us accountable for what we do here on earth.
2Corinthians 5:10  "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."

I do not judge other people for celebrating Halloween, that is between you and God.  But if I did not tell you what I know, God will hold me accountable for keeping silent.

In God's service,
Misssy

8 comments:

kate steeper said...

In the UK Halloween has only been celebrated for a few years by the few and the pagan community . All of a sudden it seems to have exploded , I come from quite a strict Christian family where im no longer welcome because i divorced . I just wouldnt feel comfortable celebrating it even now , im even uncomfortable with consumer Xmas ..Kate

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Good post Missy. On the west coast I would hear about but never actually met anyone who admitted they were Wiccan and belonged to a coven until I moved to the Midwest. I have some theories why but I will keep it to myself. How is packing going?

Little Penpen said...

Yes, witches and people practicing satanism do exist! Agree with your post. So many people don't have a clue!

Missy Shay said...

Am I a no-reply blogger again?

Missy Shay said...

Did I fix it?

Gail Griner Golden at Gail-Friends said...

I absolutely agree with you, and commend you for passing on the truth about this demonic event. My prayer is that people will return to the Jewish Feasts and Festivals of Yeshua the Messiah. I teach about these on y blog, and invite you to visit. Shalom,

XmasDolly said...

I agree with you that there are witches and satan worshipers, but Halloween for most is dressing up like Dorothy of Oz or Superman, and go and say Trick or Treat & make the candy companies stay in business. Sure we put pumpkins on our porches, and on Halloween eve when the kids are done I cut it open to make pumpkin seeds mmmm Now I don't see any harm in scarecrows on the lawn or pumpkins. We don't worship Satan I worship my Lord every Sunday, and at home when I get the urge and in the evening when I lay my head down. I totally agree with everything you said and learned a few things too, but taking the fun away from the children when I tell them it's make the candy companies rich day. Nope not me! Have a great weekend.

Antionette Blake said...

We no longer celebrate Halloween because my sons are older and I am too tired to keep jumping up and down to answer the door - lol! Visiting from Katherine's Corner

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8