"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, January 20, 2014

Horse cake

I made a cake for a friend who likes horses.  I made what is called a buttercream transfer, you can see what that is here.
I should have looked at the directions again first, because the lines look like horse brains instead of being smooth. Maybe once it has hardened I can smooth it out.
 Her husband asked me to make the cake last week for Sunday, but I told him I would be gone all day Saturday at a disaster preparedness class thingy, so I would have to bake it on Friday.  I baked the cake Friday and Saturday night she was ill and was not going to be able to make it for church on Sunday, so I offered to have it for him today.  He forgot to pick the cake up after work.  That means this cake is going to be four days old!  I hope it tastes okay!  It is a lemon cake with lemon pudding filling and buttercream frosting.
That is all I have done today, now I can get back to quilting!  LOL

Missy

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You did a great job!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Nice work!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

cute cake. Since I am going to defer to you as the cake expert. Do you refrigerate your cake after it is made?

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8