"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hair Rinse

I have probably the easiest, cheapest rinse for your hair ever!  I usually use whatever shampoo I can afford that I have a coupon for and is on sale.  Usually Pantene, Herbal Essences or Garnier.  I've been researching making my own shampoo, we'll see how that works out.
Sometimes I will get buildup on my hair from the different products I use.  Last night I rinsed my hair with apple cider vinegar after I shampooed my hair.  I just poured about 1/2 cup (I have a lot of hair) over my hair while in the shower.  I massaged it in for a few minutes, then rinsed it out.

This morning my hair felt very clean and soft.  I would not recommend doing this every wash or you might dry out your hair.  I think next time I'll add some rosemary and tea tree essential oils to it.
Bragg - Apple Cider Vinegar, gallon, 1 liquid
Organic Bragg Apple Cider is the best, especially if you are consuming it.  I normally buy the cheap stuff by the gallon at the store.  White vinegar will work too, it just does not have the health benefits that apple cider has.
"Tea tree oil has been proven to be a powerful yet natural antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal medicine (essential oil).  Tea tree oil is not just soothing and disinfecting, it is capable of penetrating into the lower skin layers with its anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, analgesic (pain-killing) and cicatrizant (wound-healing) qualities."   http://www.teatreeoiluses.com/ I basically like to use it because it tingles on the scalp!
"Hair Care: Rosemary oil and rosemary teas are used extensively for hair care in shampoos and lotions. Regular use of rosemary oil helps in stimulating follicles, as a result of which, hair grow longer and stronger. It is also believed that rosemary oil slows down premature hair loss and graying of hair. Hence it is an excellent tonic for bald people. Rosemary essential oil is also beneficial for dry and flaky scalps. Regular massage of scalp with rosemary oil nourishes the scalp and removes dandruff. Further, it is often mixed with tea tree oil and basil oil to treat scalp problems."  http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/natural-essential-oils/health-benefits-of-rosemary-oil.html
You can buy the oils at mybutterflyoils.com  Let her know that Missy sent you!
Go here for my hair detangler recipe:  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2012/04/hair-detangler.html


There you go, easy, peasy and cheap!  If you don't have the oils, just use the vinegar!
Missy

Post a Comment
"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8







There was an error in this gadget