"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bright Granny Squares

 After cutting the blocks for the prayer quilt, I decided to go ahead and cut the blocks for my quilt.
 I am hosting a quilt along at church and wanted to make the granny square.  Wanna join in?
 I got the idea from Lori Holt, here.  She had a Quilt along on her blog, but I could not join in at the time, so I asked my friends if they wanted to do one with me!  I'm following her tutes!
 We aren't starting until December, but I wanted to go ahead and cut my blocks out so I can help my friends and let them use my cutting stuff.

 This quilt will be for my niece for Christmas next year(she will be seven).  I am making the colors; orange, yellow, green and pink.
 I couldn't decide on the background color, but after testing out the fabrics I had, I decided to use all three!   Unfortunately, I don't have any green.
 The colors look better in real life!

 This Gerber daisies was my inspiration!  I am making a big border with it.
 I haven't decided what I am going to use for the sashing, I'm considering the dark pink paisley here.  I'm not sure.
 The only thing I'll have to buy is a sheet for the back and the batting, which I'll get on Black Friday!
 If my math is right, and feel free to correct me, but 20 blocks @12 inches with 2 inch sashing and a big border, should be a good size for a twin size bed?  It would be 70 inches by 54?  That's with a four inch border.


 Of course Pippi had to make sure she liked the blocks!


 I cut a lot of 2 1/2 inch squares, but with my binding ruler it was easy.  This block is great for small scraps too!


 I love this material!  I bought it for my kitchen, I think I am going to start buying more fruity material, I really like it in quilts!
I still need to cut the background rectangles, but that can wait until later!
Have a great weekend ya'll!
Missy
"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8







There was an error in this gadget