"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, December 14, 2012

Feline Friday

Hello all of my cat loving friends! I have lots planned for today. I need to make my step mother's gifts. I am making her an apron with matching pot holders and mug rugs for Christmas. I also have three capes I need to make for a friend. Tonight is our second quilt along class. My husband just laughed at me. The quilt along was originally going to be just granny square quilts and I have a granny square I am making for my niece. There are now four ladies who are making postage stamp quilts after seeing my Christmas quilt. I asked my husband if he thought it would be okay if I worked on a different quilt tonight because I really want to get my Christmas quilt done. He asked me what quilts we are supposed to be working on at the quilt along. I told him granny square and postage stamps, he's like "Isn't your Christmas quilt a postage stamp?" Duh, of course it is! LOL
I have three pictures for ya'll today. It does not seem to matter how hard I try, I can't keep my cats off my treadle. I don't want them scratching it, so I've been throwing blankets on top of it. A couple of weeks ago. I decided to put a quilt on top of it and one of my hand cranks. I really need to get a base for my red head. (Another name for my redeye 66)  Now the only cat who gets up there is Squeeky and she is declawed.
Muffin's new favorite spot is under my treadle.
I would really like to move the treadle into my dining room and my desk into the living room, have them swap places.  But I love having it sit in front of my quilt, with the whole display I set up there.  But I think it would be more convenient in the dining room, I just cannot decide what to do!  Here is my desk set up.  What would you do?  Of course the living room is the room people see when I open the door and I want it to look nice.
All of my cats must have been cold in this picture.  Five of them (I have six) decided to sit on my chair at the same time.  Pippi has just about pushed poor Precious off.  (BTW, Precious is a boy with Precious moments eyes)
Crazy cats!
Have a great day ya'll!
Missy

6 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love them covering your chair and Muffin ready to lend a helping paw!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Oh my goodness how do you keep up with all those cats! I am constantly cleaning out the litter box with just one...LOL......But I will never be without a kitty...they bring such joy. I love your treadle and love how you have displayed it with the lovely hexagon quilt behind it. In the end it is what works for us that counts! Blessings.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Hi to one cat lady from another! I have a couple that look like the one on the right side of the chair- tortoise shell colored. Also a black and white but mine is more splotchy. Then there are three that are grey tabbies. I love that yours get along so well! Good luck with keeping them off your treadle!

Quilter Kathy said...

I think you should have the treadle wherever you can see it ALL the time :) The red eye is beautiful ...I've never seen one in real life!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your redeye is beautiful Missy and I sure get a kick out of all those kitties snuggling in the chair!

Denise :) said...

I love seeing pictures of your cats -- you have such a sweet group of them. Do they ever *all* make it into a picture together?! :)

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8