"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Cherry Basket Block and link to free pattern

I finally finished my block for the Sew Sweet Bee from April!  That handle just really scared me!  It is appliqued on and the pattern is great, but I definitely need to practice appliqueing curves!  This block is from Donna at Donna's Lavender Nest.  You can find her pattern here!  I really enjoy being part of a group that I get to make a new, different block every month.

I also won a couple of giveaways.  both giveaways were a gift certificate from Fabrics n Quilts.  The first was from their blog and the second was from Quilt Shop Gal.  I really appreciated all of the goodies they added to my orders!
I bought a bobbin winder for my vintage machines, so much easier then pulling out my electric machine!  I also bought Route 66 fabric for my husband's quilt and wonder clips for my binding.  She sent me a fabric pen I really loved and some matching thread and erasable highlighters!

 The second time I bought a lot of sewing themed fabric, she threw in a couple of pieces of fabric that matched the cat sewing fabric, thread and a specialty ruler.
 Now I just need to figure out a plan for all of this fabric!
My mom comes tomorrow, I borrowed a bed from a friend to put in my sewing room for her.
I put a rocking chair for my mom by the bed and moved the ottlight over by the bed for her.
 I bought the quilt a few years ago at a yard sale.  It is such a fun, scrappy, bow-tie quilt.
Of course, the cats think it is their new bed!
I have had several people ask me, my surgery is next week, May 26, so it will be pretty quiet on here for a couple of weeks.

Have a great day ya'll!

Missy

4 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Congrats on your win, looks like a lot a fun things!

Kim said...

The basket block is so pretty! Congrats on the win. Looks like a fun haul

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh your goodies look wonderful. Glad your mamma can come and stay with you. What is the recuperation time slated? Make sure you take it easy and do not try to overdo.

Kathleen said...

Oh it's so nice that you mom will be visiting during your surgery time. I hope she can stay for a while afterwards as you recuperate. Nothing like a mother's care.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8