"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Look who I met!

The only thing about going out of town is that I can't let people know that I will be gone for security reasons.  I knew that Donna from Donna's Lavender Nest lived in TX though, so we got to meet!  (Shh, next year we are going to Miami, FL)
 She is as sweet in person as she is on her blog!  She is the coordinator of the Sew Sweet Bee I am a member of,  I'm still surprised I was invited to join when she first started it!  It is a lot fun!
 This is the blocks I made for this month, a simple nine patch.  I made three while I was in the hotel in San Antonio.  It still needs to be squared up and mailed.
 When I got home, I unpacked a trinket box my husband had bought that is Route 66 themed.  Muffin had to get in the box right away, even though he really did not fit.  He was really sad when Chris made him get out.  LOL
I have been working hard to get my classroom ready for school to start in three weeks.  The only thing I do not like about MO is the humidity caused mold to grow on the wooden furniture this summer.  I had to scrub everything!  At least that is done now!  I keep changing my mind about how I want to arrange the furniture and move it every day.  I am trying to optimize my space, but I am insisting on an awesome space for my Science corner.  I want the kids to be excited about it, but we need room for desks and we don't want the room to look cluttered!

Have a great sewing day ya'll!

Missy

3 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Wow, it is almost school time. With my kids grown, and our teacher mothers retired, I forgot about school starting this soon. He's hoping you get 'a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils' (from You've Got Mail).

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

How fun. I know school starts in a few weeks for the oldest kids. That would be frustrating with the mold.

donna said...

Missy it was so nice to finally get to meet you. We really enjoyed out time with y'all. Hope we can do it again.
Hugs
donna

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8