"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, July 20, 2015

Drunkard's Path Quilt

 We took a road trip to San Antonio last week for a work conference my husband had to attend.
Before we left, I sewed the binding to the front of my quilt.
In the car, I hand stitched the binding to the back of the quilt.  This was my first time to do it by hand.
I had to take pictures of my quilt on the river walk!


 People probably thought I was crazy laying a quilt on the ground and standing on a chair to take a picture with all of those people walking by!   Hey, I'm a determined blogger and it's washable!  Which I did wash it today and hang it in my living room for now.  The binding was not quite done before we left San Antonio, but I finished it in the car that evening after we left.
Dora from Dora Quilts also quilted feathers on this quilt for me.  That is why I had not quilted it yet, I wanted feathers but my feathers are terrible!
You can see better pictures of the quilting on her blog here:   http://doraquilts.blogspot.com/2015/07/missys-drunkards-path-whole-quilt.html
Be sure to check out the great job she did!

I used a vintage sheet for the backing, I love to do that because it adds character and is cheaper then buying yardage!  The binding was not done in this picture as you can tell by all of the clips!

I got the blocks from a fellow treadle quilter, that story is here.  I finished piecing the top together (with borders) at a quilt retreat in TX right before I moved a couple of years ago.  I am so glad it is finished!  This was my second quilt to get bound this month!

I have a lot more pictures to show you from trip!  Stay tuned for some great vintage quilts!
Missy

15 comments:

Kim said...

Your quilt turned out great! Love the scrappy look with the white fabrics.

KaHolly said...

It came out great! Love the vintage sheet backing. It's perfect!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

It looks great! Glad you got to take a trip too

Podunk Pretties said...

Such a happy quilt, love the backing!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I really love the fabrics and design! It looks wonderful! Congratulations on another finish! Feeling better and stronger?

Ruth said...

I love your drunkard's path quilt! I don't think I've ever seen that arrangement before. It's lovely!

Hilachas said...

That quilt is lovely. I like the layout you chose.

Unknown said...

Love the light blue border against the red binding. Great job!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I haven't been to the river walk in years. What fun to take quilt pictures there. Love how the quilt turned out.

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

Well done on your second finish of the month.It is a stunning quilt. You are ahead of me maybe next month I will get some quilting done.

Vicki in MN said...

I love that you took pix of your quilt on the River Walk. I was just on vacation and told DH that I should have brought a quilt along as we saw some really cool things that would have made for a great quilt backdrop!

Nancy said...

What a great quilt, Missy. I like the colors and how you used one of the borders and the binding to make the red stand out.

You said it was the first time hand-stitching the binding but you didn't say whether you enjoyed it or not, or whether you would do it that way again. Or maybe you chose to hand stitch it because you could get it done while travelling? I always stitch mine by hand and even though it takes longer, I like that the stitching doesn't show.

Happy Sunday to you.

dq said...

It is a beautiful finish as all of them are, but I just love the pattern.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow somehow I missed this post. Love that quilt it turned out gorgeous, and how fun to take a picture on the Riverwalk.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8