"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

My Sewing Room

I have my room all set up.  I am sure that I will move things around when I start to sew.
I know I have three valances but I can only find two right now.  The cutting table is a desk I bought for $1.  I also have my industrial treadle that I use for my quilting.
 I got a skirt stuck in my serger after I broke a needle, I need to read my manual and fix it.
My closet is very small and needs to be organized.   My mom painted the fabric (above the spool threads) with Tri-Chem when I was little.


 For those of you who are new to my blog, yes I do use all of my treadles for quilting.
I put the old TV in my room because I like noise while I work.  I still have a couple of boxes I need to unpack.

My cats love the bean bag chair, but it was moved out of this room.  It came from my classroom at school.

My cats love the windows in my room.
I put all of my scrap booking stuff in guest room, I'm hoping to start scrap booking again.
At my housewarming party, I met one of my neighbors.  She is a quilter and when she and her husband saw my machines, she said, "And you thought I had a lot of machines.  I only have four."  LOL
Have a quilty fun day ya'll!
Missy

16 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh what a nice setup!!! Your sewing room looks super nice. Life you, I use ALL of my machines. :)
Blessings...Kristie

QuiltShopGal said...

Your sewing room looks so cheerful and well organized. Very inviting.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Ruth said...

I love your sewing room and wish I had a treadle machine. I only have 3 sewing machines - one is a serger, one is a Featherweight and one a Janome. Enjoy your room - as I know you will!

Podunk Pretties said...

So nice and tidy...for now! Enjoy your new happy space!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sounds like you may have a new friend in your new neighbor. One of my neighbors also quilts, and, we became great friends quickly.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have a 15 in a parlor cabinet and another machine in a regular treadle cabinet. What I would love to do is give away the regular one and get the straight leg one like you. I don't even know where to look for them! Love the spaciousness of your room!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Very nice!! I'm working on getting my room in order. Funny that you just put a TV in your room... I just took one OUT. Needed MORE storage!!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful set up in your sewing room. All your doors and door frames and baseboards and some of the windows remind me of the house I grew up in. It was built I would say in the early sixties. I still call it home because my mom still lives there.

Angie said...

Your new sewing room is lovely - the natural light looks wonderful! May you have many happy hours of stitching there!

Denise :) said...

Missy, it's a beautiful room -- I know you will enjoy sewing and creating in it!! :)

Dora, the Quilter said...

Wonderful! I truly love that drunkard's path quilt on the wall!

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

looks great

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your sewing room looks like a great place to spend a lot of time.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Your sewing room is perfect! So full of light! And the best thing is I see that it has been "kitty-approved"!

Sarah said...

How fun to have a quilting neighbor!!! No such luck in my 'hood.
Your room looks great and it looks like the window sills are nice and wide for the furbabes. Enjoy your room!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting your new home! Your sewing room looks great, and I'm glad to see that you're still quilting on your Singer 16 treadle. I'm still in the process of setting up a Singer 96-40 treadle for my wife to FMQ on, but I took too long and she's fallen in love with her Singer 301A for that task. I still may get her to treadling on the 96, but there isn't enough room in the house right now to use it. She used her Singer 27K2 treadle to piece a quilt back last December during a 5-day power outage, and found out that she likes to treadle, so it's just a matter of space right now. I still use my Singer 319W treadle to mend denim jeans, and my latest project is a Singer industrial treadle that I can use my 95-40 and 20U in for my projects. The 20U is similar to the one Captain Dick put together way back when. It's still shown on the old Treadle-On site.
Keep on treadling!
CD in Oklahoma

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8