"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Book Review: Back in the Saddle by Ruth Logan Herne

Ruth Logan Herne is a new author to me.  I really enjoyed reading Back in the Saddle.  She does a great job weaving the theme of "God's plans" through the story and how the characters determine what God's plan for their life is.
You can find more information on the author here.

Back in the Saddle is about the eldest son of a cattle enterprise/ranch called the Double S.  His name is Colt Stafford.  He had left the ranch to make his fortune on Wall Street, which he did, but then lost it all.  He had to return home, humbled by the experience.  A lot of things had changed in the nine years he had been gone.  The biggest change was the house manager who takes no gruff from the cowboys she is cooking for.  Her name is Angelina Morales.  She has a secret colt is determined to find out what it is.

I really like that the book is in mass media size.  I prefer the smaller size in books, however, Christian fiction books are usually in the bigger size.

I highly recommend this book, it is the first in a series of I believe three books.  I hope to get the second book soon!

Have a great day!

Missy

I received this book for review from Blogging For Books.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a good story - Looking forward to your review of the next book in the series.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8