"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Rope Bowl

This was my first rope bowl.  I saw people making them on Instagram, so I had to make one too, but I did not know how.  When my quilt guild asked for ideas for upcoming meetings, I asked for the rope bowl.  
 It doesn't look great, but it is my first bowl, and I did have a broken finger.
 My husband wants a red one now.
 My cats liked helping me with this project.
 I saw someone make one without the fabric and it looked very nice.  My neighbor said you can color the ropes with sharpie markers.

Here is the article I wrote for my local paper, it was pretty neat seeing my name in print.
Have you made one of these bowls before?

Missy

7 comments:

Kim said...

Your bowl looks great. Cats and ropes/strings go hand in hand ;D

Little Quiltsong said...

Love your bowl! I can imagine the fun your cats had while you were making it! How special that you wrote an article for the paper!!

Little Penpen said...

Your bowl looks great! I know the kitties thought it was playtime!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You can also dye the rope. I have the rope, and the dye, I just need to get started. Nice bowl. Hope the finger is getting better.

Susan said...

No, haven't made one of these bowls, but yours looks great! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers!

Karen said...

Wait! What? It's your first bowl AND you have a broken finger PLUS a helpful cat? I'd say this was one gorgeous bowl even if your fingers were intact and the cat was asleep :)

PaintedThread said...

I've made several of these. They're fun! Yours looks great.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8