"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Quilting Progress

 I have been working on my getting my cake quilt quilted.  If you remember that my quilting foot broke a couple of weeks ago, I tried a new foot and it messed up my machine, which I had to fix.
It occurred to me that I still needed to outline (or stitch in the ditch) around everything, so I put the original foot back on it and I am almost done with that part.  I have a couple of pink sashing "boxes" left and the brown inner border.  Someone sent me a darning spring that I am going to try as soon as I finish.  I will let you know how it works.  Someone asked me what foot this is, I believe it is the original foot that came with the machine, the machine is 126 years old.
 I found that the middle finger on the left hand is not used in quilting, just the palm.  I put my quilting glove on my hand and put the splint (for my broken finger) over the glove.  I was not able to quilt as long as I wanted to since too much movement does hurt.
I would love to have it finished by this weekend, but I'm not sure it will happen.  I have 25 nine patch blocks to make for a block exchange this weekend.  I have half of them made.  I have to admit that my blocks were cut kind of wonky.  I should have taken my neighbor's offer to cut them for me.

Have a great day!
Missy
"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8







There was an error in this gadget