"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lactation Cookies?????

I've seen several recipes for lactation cookies.  Since I have not been blessed with children, I did not know what they were.  I figured they had something to do with breast feeding.  My friend Skye brought some to bible study this week.  The ingredients help to fortify the breast milk for the babies.  She shared the cookies and they were really good.  I'm sure the ingredients would be healthy for any woman.  She got the original recipe here:  http://www.drmomma.org/2010/08/major-milk-makin-lactation-cookies.html
Here is the recipe with the changes that she made.


Ingredients:


1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 3/4 c. oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 c. crunchy peanut butter
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. flax
3 T  yeast
1/3 c. water
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup palm sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 c. (12oz) carob chips
1 c. chopped pecans
Directions:

Be sure to check out the website for the rest of the directions!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8