"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Sunday, December 15, 2013

The start of a postage stamp quilt?

I made some more rail fence blocks.
Some of my strips had some extra length left, so I cut them 2 1/2 inches.  I now have a start for a postage stamp quilt!
I am just going to put them to the side until I decide if I want it a red and white quilt, or red, white and black!
I got four more blocks in the mail!  These blocks came from Heidi at Meatloaf Quilting, aren't they cute?  I love the apples!
I had a cake order for Sunday.  The 17 year old wanted a sculpted green converse tennis shoe, but the mom wanted something simpler.  That stinking shoe took me three hours to make!  It turned out okay, but the next one I make would look better.  I think the polka dots was my favorite part of this cake!

Until my friend Ashley sends me her blocks and the backing for the rail fence block, I will be working on my sailboat baby quilt.  There is no way it is going to be done by Christmas!  I am going to start sewing the rail fence quilt together next week!

What have you been working on?

Missy

8 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

WOW!!! That shoe is amazing!!!

vintage grey said...

Beautiful blocks and love cake, especially the polka dots and colors! xo Heather

Heidi said...

I love the cake! Polka dot cakes are always so delightful!

I sent the blocks. I am so sorry I didn't get all of my information on or in the package. I hope they will help your quilt and that our prayers help your friend :)

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Look at that gorgeous shoe! Wow! I've just been working on small projects....what a great idea....making postage stamp strips with the left overs!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Great cake! I've been up against deadlines making two quilts for Christmas gifts. One for my mom is complete but I'm running short on time for my daughters. These are the first larger projects I've tried to quilt myself so they are not perfect but hopefully they won't look too closely. Part of my daughter's is free motion which is brand, brand new to me. More difficult than I thought.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great blocks with the apples love it! Your shoe is so cute. It is a cute cake.

Deborah Hamilton said...

That cake is amazing!

donna said...

What great blocks Missy. Oh WOW your cake looks great. You are very talented.
Merry Christmas
Hugs
donan

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8