"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Cakes, Cake Quilt Blocks, and Cats!

I have not gotten much sewing done, but I have been busy!
I made a birthday cake for one of my previous students.  When his mom asked him what kind of cake he wanted, he said "One of Mrs. Shay's cakes!"  That made me so happy!  He likes to garden so I made him a garden themed cake.
 School started last week.  I converted part of my basement into a classroom area.  I am helping home school a young lady three days a week.  This is my office area.  Don't you love the pink chair my husband bought me?  That is Muffin on the corner of my desk.
 Her desk is on the other side of my desk, with a chair for me to sit when we are working one on one, which is the majority of the day.
 She likes to sit in the bean bag chair sometimes also.  It still needs some organizing, but it is getting there.
 Pippi joins us everyday for school.
 I got another bee block from the Sew Sweet Bee.  This one was a triple tiered cake with sprinkles.
 I threw in this picture of Oreo because he is just so cute!
Have a great Labor Day weekend ya'll!

Missy

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such a fun cake! So are you not teaching at school this year? The basement set up is quite cozy.

QuiltShopGal said...

What a lovely cake. How thoughtful and so very special. Your basement is absolutely perfect. Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend too, with plenty of time to enjoy and create.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You've made me hungry! Are you still teaching at the regular school, too?

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8