"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, September 12, 2011

My new mixer!

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  Phillipians 4:19 
As ya'll know, I have been borrowing mixers from my friends.  I borrowed the Bosch  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2011/08/bosch.html  which I liked, but there were several things that I did not like.  I borrowed two different Kitchen Aids, I wrote a review on one of them,  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/search/label/mixer%20review  where I showed you the difference in sizes, The wattage and sizes of the bowls and attachments did not compare to my Cuisinart.  They worked fine, but I still prefer my Cuisinart.
My Cuisinart has a seven quart bowl, 1000 watts, and a timer that turns itself off.  It also has 12 speeds to give you better control.  As you can tell from my previous post, the paddle, whisk and dough hook are also better and bigger.  This is probably the closest thing you can get to a professional model for your home. 
I got my original mixer over four years ago on Black Friday.  I did a price compare at Bed Bath and Beyond, used a coupon and got a free blender attachment all for about $280.  It was a great deal!  About two years ago I broke the spring on the mixer and would have to hold it down to get the bottom of the bowl.  This break was totally my fault though.  Then the motor quit in July.  I must admit I have used this mixer and put it through the wringer in the years I have owned it.  When I bake, it is usually for church so I always double and sometimes triple my recipes. 
I was heart broken, how could I ever afford to buy a new mixer?  I decided to sell cupcakes one week at church and Twinkies another week to raise money for my new mixer.  I paid $15 to send my broken mixer back to the company with a $10 check for return postage.  I figured I would have to wait until Black Friday and find another great deal.  I knew the Lord would provide, I just did not know how.  I never heard back from Cuisinart until today when UPS delivered me a brand new WHITE Cuisinart!  What a blessing, I like the white better!  Since I had kept all the parts when I sent the mixer back I now have two of everything, even two 7 qt bowls!  I had registered my mixer when I first got it, so make sure you always register your products.  And remember that God will always provide in some way, you just have to have patience and faith!
All I need now is some of those cool vinyls to decorate my mixer with!  I'm thinking either cupcakes or orange, yellow and green flowers to match my curtains!  LOL
Missy

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8