"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fudge Recipes

All the men in my family got the same thing for Christmas.  What do you get a guy who has everything?  Fudge of course!  Can't go wrong with that, unless it is for my husband who does not like fudge.  I've never made fudge before so I needed to find some recipes.  The only thing is, I was running way behind and did not have much time to make it.  Let me tell you warn you though, it is not healthy!  I will be sharing a healthy recipe later.  It will be after Christmas probably unless someone needs it before?
I found this recipe http://www.apinchofjoy.com/2011/11/best-easy-gift-fudge/  .  It is cooked in the microwave and is delicious!  I used 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of milk chocolate chips.  I also added a teaspoon of vanilla after heating it through.  You don't want to add the vanilla before cooking or it will dissipate. 
For the peppermint fudge I took a bag of red candy melts (You can buy them at the craft stores) and added a couple of drops of peppermint, melted them in the microwave, and poured it over the top of the fudge.  I then sprinkled broken bits of candy cane on top.  Just remember that the candy melts dry hard which is why the pieces look funky.
I also made peanut butter fudge.  So good!  I found the recipe here:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/peanut-butter-fudge-recipe/index.html  Alton Brown had another winner!  Be sure to watch the video too, he has some good hints.  It is also cooked in the microwave.  These would be good rolled in balls and dipped in chocolate.  My fudge was not thick like he said.  I had to measure the powdered sugar and used two cups which should be one pound.  I cut it a couple of hours later and it was still very soft, I thought I had messed it up, but today it is perfect! 
I once made a hamburger cake and used candy melts to make the french fries.  Next time I'll use peanut butter fudge because it is the right color and easy to manipulate.
I really should make another hamburger cake sometime!  I made this one for my brother in law years ago.  My cakes look a lot better when I don't have to use healthy ingredients!  LOL
Have a Merry Christmas Ya'll! 
Aren't you thankful God sent his only Son as a newborn babe to die on the cross for us?  The best Christmas gift ever!
Missy

1 comment:

retrorevival.biz said...

Missy, that hamburger cake is awesome! Fudge looks yummy too!

I hope you have the merriest of Christmases, full of many blessings.

~Cindy

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8