"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

UFO 2012 List

What is an UFO you ask?  No it is not one of those alien flying ships.  It stands for "un-finished object" This seems to be a common term in blogland that I have never heard of before.  It's a good idea to keep track of all the projects you have laying around waiting to be finished.
Patchwork Times is having a challenge, kind of like a new years resolution of goals you want to finish this year.  I'm not much of a one for resolutions, but I'm going to jump in so that ya'll can hold me accountable.  You can join in here:  http://www.patchworktimes.com/2011/12/20/2012-ufo-challenge-participants-list-of-projects/  I think it is supposed to be just quilting projects, but there is no way I'll have time to make 12 quilts this year, so I am including 7 (instead of 12) specific UFOs to finish!
1.  I have a birdhouse quilt that some friends are helping me make.  That will be the first UFO to finish! 

The major blocks are cut out and sorted and been passed out to my friends who like to quilt.
2.  I am making a scrap quilt for my husband.  It is the rail fence pattern.  Here is the quilt:  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-husband-wants-quilt.html  Mine is going to be in browns, blue and greens.  I've started cutting strips.

3.  I bought a beautiful panel that has cats in a garden that I am going to quilt.  It shouldn't take long to do, I just need to put a back and binding on it.  I might put a block border around it to make it bigger.  I bought it at a thrift store for like 50 cents.  This if for me, noone else.  :)
4.  I have a pile of plaid flannels that I am going to make into a rag quilt for my uncle to brighten up his nursing home room.  I have until August to finish this one.
5.  I bought the material this past summer to make this skirt.  http://blog.sewserendipity.com/2011/05/summer-of-no-pants-skirt-tutorial-from.html 
I bought some beautiful teal and celery green material and cannot wait to make it!  I was all set to make it in July when I broke my wrist and I've never finished it.
6.  I have a pretty off white curtain with ruffles that I've been waiting to make into this dress since this spring. 
http://tearosehome.blogspot.com/2011/04/jcrew-inspired-dress-tutorial.html
7.  I just bought this pattern http://www.sewserendipity.com/product_info.php?products_id=149
  And I have the material from the quilt I just made, it has roses, pink and yellow.  Very similar to this dress.  I'll make my dress longer with a higher neckline though.

That is all the projects for now, it doesn't count the matching capes I want to make for my sister and niece, and I'll probably make one for my mom too.  Remember the one I just made for myself?  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-wore-flannel-sheet-to-church-today.html

Have a Merry Christmas ya'll!
Missy

1 comment:

Linda in Calif. said...

I love that Betty Jane dress. You have a nice list. Good luck and have fun working on your projects. I'll be cheering you on!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8