"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bright Granny Square Update!

I had two goals for January, the first was to finish the quilting and binding on my postage stamp.  I finished that, which I have shared with you!  To read my post about my goals, you can see it here!


My second goal was to finish the top of my granny square quilt.  I need 20 blocks for a twin size quilt (with borders and sashing).  I got a little side tracked with my scrappy trip alongs.  I still would have been able to finish it though, but I ended up being out of town for two weeks for my uncle's funeral.  I really wish I had taken it with me, but I just did not think about it and did not plan on being gone for two weeks!  I did get three more blocks done today however.  That brings my count up to sixteen with only four more to go!
Of course I had help, Tiger's tail is like velcro and sent pieces flying everywhere!  It took me five minutes to find that last yellow square!  (No, I don't eat at the table, when I have company over I scrub the table and use a tablecloth!)
I have really been enjoying piecing my blocks on my hand crank.  Let me give you a hint.  When you go to take your bobbin out, make sure your needle is in the "up" position!  LOL  I was tired and could not get it out, such a "duh" moment on my part!
I'll have to do a better job on my goals for February, I'll share those goals with you on Friday!
Missy
P.S.  Sorry about the awful pictures, I had to use the bed to lay out my blocks and I have terrible lighting in the bedroom. My ButtonI also linked to Patchwork time's Get it done.
Post a Comment
"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8







There was an error in this gadget