"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, January 7, 2013

Design Wall Monday


 We got the top done for the granny square quilt for the prayer quilt ministry!

 Joeann embroidered our names(she misspelled her own name!LOL) and either a prayer or scripture reference around the inner border.  Tomorrow at the quilt along, we'll baste it and begin hand quilting.  Today I'll sew the back together for it.  The binding is going to be the navy blue from the black ground.

 I finished quilting my postage stamp quilt!  I did a stipple/meandering all over it.  (Pippi thinks this is her quilt)

I traced a few snowflakes, I wish I had put more. (You can see it better on the back)
Make sure that ALL pieces of fabric is picked up off the table before quilting.  The fleece attracts it!  Yep, I sewed it right on!  LOL
Just remember when looking at it, that this is my first free motion quilting!  I got bored with the meandering and wrote Missy loves Chris in one spot, another spot says Praise the Lord, I drew a cat's face in one spot, a happy face and a flower!  LOL  I was just having fun with it! I traced penguins from a cookie cutter around the border.
Here is the how the penguin looks after I traced parts of it.

 There are all kinds of mistakes, but it was my first time and this quilt is for me, so that's okay!  The next one will be better!
I'll give close ups of my "pictures" after I wash it.  Of course Pipp was helping!
 The only thing left to do is the binding!
My hand and arm cramped so bad from the FMQing, that the night I finished it, it was numb with pain while I was trying to sleep.  I could not get comfortable at all!  My husband bought me a pair of quilting gloves the next day!  He's so sweet!
What are you working on?
Missy

10 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

It's such a great feeling to Finish a project, and I bet you are on top of the world with these finishes. Wonderful job on the FM quilting. That is such a job on a standard size machine. The shoulder and hand pain is one of the main reasons I went to a longarm...especially when I knew that machine quilting was something I knew I would do for a long time. That was nearly 20 years ago, and a good choice for me.

I posted about what I am currently working on, and what I will be working on for the 1st Quarter of the FinishALong. Some real oldies in there. Come on by CITExas Gal and see.

Chris said...

Your quilting is great. I love the snowflakes.

Fluster Buster said...

Pipp is sure enjoying your skills. . I saw your link on Serendipity and Spice. I would love for you to come by and share your creativity with my friends @
http://www.flusterbuster.com/search/label/Fluster%20Muster%20Party

Robin@ Fluster Buster
Fluster Muster Linky Party - Wednesdays

Tina said...

Love Your Snowflak And The Use Of CookiE CuttersGfor the Penguin Wonderful First fmq.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Congratulations. I love the different things you have put on the back. How fun to search the quilt for these!

Katherines Corner said...

a true taa daa moment! It's lovely. xo

Anonymous said...

looks great, can't believe it is your first FMQ. Gloves are a must, and even then my arms/hands hurt. That's why I have a long arm!!! Great job!

Carolyn said...

Your fmq looks great! I have done the same thing, sewing little pieces to the back of the quilt.

Dresden Quilter said...

I love the quilting.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt Missy and I can tell that Pipp loves it! I had to laugh at the piece getting sewn to the back.....been there, done that! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8