"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goals for the new year

I have some UFO's from 2012 I need to finish and I have some goals for the new year also.
1)  I need to finish my rail fence quilt.  I put it up and plum forgot about it!  I've started cutting the strips but need to sew them together and make my blocks!
This is the one I want to make!  Mine will be brown, green and blue.
2)  I have two dresses I want to make.  I have the material and the pattern.  One will be purple and the other  grey and yellow.
3) A jumper.  This one will be a blue flowered material.
4)  I need to finish quilting and binding my postage stamp quilt.  This is my goal to have finished by the end of January.
I started learning how to applique in 2012 and need more practice.
5)  I would like to have the top for my Granny Square quilt finished by the end of January.  This is a Christmas gift for my niece.  She will be 7 in February.

6) I have 3 denim rag quilts I want done by Christmas.  For my two uncles and my nephew who will be 17 in April.
7)  After those quilts are done, I want to make either a pinwheel quilt or a wedding ring quilt.  I have the turquoise and black material for it.  We'll see what kind of mood I'm in!
8) Continue working on my hand pieced hexagon quilt.

My granny square quilt be pieced entirely on my hand crank sewing machine.  I want to learn how to treadle, I've moved it to where it is more accessible.  I want to quilt my granny square and my hexagon quilts on my treadle!

I also want to learn how to FMQ, I'm stippling my postage stamp quilt, so that is a start!

I want to practice more on my xylophone!  My stepmom gave my husband an auto harp that was my dad's. I had no idea he had one!  I want to learn how to play it (I'll have to share with my husband, LOL).

I am a bit of a control freak also.  For ex., when I throw a party I plan it down to the nanosecond and really stress myself out if it does not go off perfectly.  I will still plan things, but I'm trying to be more flexible.  I can get totally consumed by my projects also, I'm terrible about being too focused on something and forgetting everything else.  This is with blogging, quilting, baking, etc.  I need to loosen the reigns and let God have control instead of trying to do it all by myself.  God wants to help us, we just have to let Him do it.  Kind of like the child trying to move the heavy box all by himself, when Daddy is standing right there wanting to help and all the child has to do is ask for help and the Daddy will take that burden away.  It's the same way with us.
God says:  "11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
12  Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."  Jeremiah 29

Have a great 2013 everyone, and be sure to let God bless you this year!
Missy



3 comments:

Samantha said...

Happy new year Missy! Here's to a great '13. I can't wait to see your progress again this year xx

LisaAnn said...

Happy New Year! It looks like I am not the only one with lofty goals in the sewing department for 2013! Best of luck with that and I can't wait to see the progress! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a whole year's worth of finishes there. Good luck on the January one - it looks like a good choice!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8