"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, February 1, 2013

Feline Friday and February Goals

I had to share this picture!  This is Pippi and Precious sleeping together.  Pippi loves all of my other cats, she's the spoiled baby.  I guess it is because we got her when she was only four weeks old, so the other five cats helped me raise her.  They did not want to move when I tried to lay my blocks out.  I got four more blocks finished and fixed the ones I messed up before I left.
Tiger inspected them, but was not impressed!  Should I move the brown over a row?  I had replaced the orangey yellow with the brown when I ran out of the other material.  I'm thinking it should be light  dark, light, dark, light, etc.  But if I move it for the rest of the blocks will it throw off the pattern?  I know it's supposed to be scrappy, but I'm doing the best I can - LOL.
Here are all of my blocks laid out.
I'm loving laying them out in different patterns!  I have 12 blocks done, my first goal for February is to get at least another 12 blocks done.
My second goal is to finish my granny square top.  I have four more blocks to make and the sashing to attach.  I'm not sure if I will get the border on it, we'll see.  I still have to decide what border I want to attach, I'll have to audition fabrics when I get the top made.
I have a dress I would like to make for myself, I have the pattern and the yellow and gray material.  My  third goal is to get it at least cut out and ready to sew!
I am linking this up to Feline Friday at Sarah Did It!, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and a Lovely Year of Finishes..
If you would like to help me make a quilt for a little girl with cerebral palsy, please check out this post!
Thanks for popping in!
Missy

13 comments:

Rhonda @ herChristianHome said...

Love your quilting projects. I'm so very thankful for a dear elderly lady that lived across from us while my dad was in Bible college. She taught me how to start a quilt and sew the blocks together when I was only in 2nd or 3rd grade. What a sweet lady to spend time with me like that and teach me something that would stay with me for a lifetime.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

It looks like your cats are really having fun helping with your quilting! I think it looks great!

Sue McPeak said...

Wow Missy...your blocks are so Colorful and Scrappy. I know what you mean about keeping the layout scrappy, too. I have a hard time with NOT getting all MatchyMatchy.

Great plans and goals for February. I'll be watching for all your projects and meeting your goals.

Penny said...

I see these blocks everywhere and I haven't yet jumped on that bandwagon... thinking about it though

Sarah said...

I LOVE pictures of cats cuddled together for a nap. Your blocks look great but I'm not sure about moving colors cuz they already look so different in each layout. I think when you get more and more blocks done they will blend in no matter what.

Denise :) said...

Yup, I love pics of cats cuddled together, too ... Pippi and Precious look so sweet snuggled up there!! And, for what it's worth, I like the brown where it is up there in the first photo. :)

legato1958 said...

Love your little helpers! I think (if I had a vote!) I like the brown up in the first position, too!

susie

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So sweet! Love it when our furbabies cuddle up together. Your quilt looks amazing too.

Sarah Craig said...

Whoop whoop for all those scrappy trip blocks! I'm up to twelve too - but haven't had a chance to make any more this week. Hopefully I'll get to some this weekend!

Lisa Lynn said...

Very pretty! And I love some kitty pics too :) Thanks so much for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop!
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop.html

Hope to see you again next week!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I like your scrappy trip! How did you make sure that the one or two colors were in just the right place every time? I've done trips around the world (Blanche Young in the late 70's), but, I used certain fabrics not scrappy...so I was just wonderin' =)


hugZ,
annie

Hands Sew Full said...

Love the kitties, how cute! I can't wait to see the scrappy trip-along when you decide its' final layout! I am thinking about doing one but I think I have a few big items to get off my shelves first!

Missy Shay said...

I'm testing to see if I am a no reply blogger.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8