"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, February 18, 2013

Decoupage and Pinwheels

Did you see Bonnie Hunter's post today about decoupaging messed up sewing machine cases and bases?  It reminded me of a notebook I had decoupaged in my Christian Womanhood class in college, remember back in the 90's when it was very popular to decorate wedding albums with fabric?  In my class our assignment was to decorate our notebook for the class.  All the other girls came in with similar decorated notebooks, not me, I've always been a little different!
Truth be told, I had no idea how to decorate one of those other books and I did not have the money to buy material, so all I had to buy was the notebook and decoupage glue.
I had a lot of fun decorating it!  Yes, I still have it even though I made this 16 1/2 years ago in 1996!
I had been married a year.  I did get an for originality!
 Sorry about the glare!  I really enjoyed it, I should do some more decoupaging!
Here is Bonnie's post in case you missed it, click here.

I got some more pinwheels in the mail.  If you have some pinwheels to send me, please get them in the mail as soon as possible, we are going to assemble the top at our next prayer quilt meeting on Friday.

These pinwheels came from N. Brown in TX and Karen from KQuiltsathome.blogspot.com in Arizona. I'm afraid I forgot which set came from whom.

I would like to think everyone who has sent me pinwheels so far - it has been a blessing!

Missy

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8