"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, February 24, 2017

Feline Friday and Frivolous Food

I have always loved playing play-doh.  I think that is why I like modeling with fondant on cakes!  I know that I still have a lot to learn and need more experience, but it is still fun!  My student turned 12 yesterday and her grandmother ordered a cake for her.  She has talked about wanting a pink and black cake with zebra stripes for months.  She also loves fingernail polish.
I had fun making the fingernail polish bottles.

Yesterday the cats joined me in bed before I got up.  Here are five of seven cats.  
I had to take a closer picture of Cupcake who was sleeping on her back.
Right after I took that picture, Pippi decided to join them.

This did not last long, as soon as one woke up they started irritating each other.

Our hot water heater went out this morning so I had a very cold shower this morning.

Thanks for stopping by!
Missy

8 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute cake. Your fur babies bicker too?

Heidi said...

The cake is beautiful! I love all your kitties cuddling. It's just adorable.

Little Penpen said...

Those nail polish bottles are adorable!! Those cats.... lol

KaHolly said...

Your cake is precious! Does fondant taste good? XO

Barb said...

Your cake is fabulous....

Sarah said...

Such a cute cake - I hope your student enjoyed it!
I certainly hope you have a large bed for that clouder to join you like that, otherwise it could get crowded fast! I just love how they are all snuggled up together.
My hot water tank was being fussy this weekend. I think we have it band-aided - for now...

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I've not graduated to using fondant for cakes yet but yours is so pretty! I always enjoy the photos of your fur babies........

Miaismine said...

Oh wow! At first i thought those nail polish bottles were real! Nice job!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8