"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Sweet Sewing

I've been snatching a few minutes when I can, trying to get some quilting done.
I am doing all of my quilting on my Singer Industrial 16 treadle.  Remember last week that my darning foot broke?  The new foot works okay, but I had to lower the presser foot bar thingy as far as I could to make it work.  It is also not always easy to see where the foot is going either.

 I have been quilting one color at a time.
 I can't decide if I want to quilt the blank area around the cakes.  What color thread should I use, off white?  Any suggestions on the quilting?
 Pippi was my helper last night.
 She also likes to hang out in the back of dress form.
 Here are some pictures of my classroom in my basement.  I privately tutor a homeschooled sixth grader three days a week while her grandmother is working.  I found these banners in my fabric stash.  A friend and I had made them many years ago for old fashioned Sunday at church.
 I have two strands, so I hung them in both corners, across all three windows.  I used pipe cleaners to attach them to whatever was handy.  Yes, I purposely placed those shelves under windows and put cat beds on them.  The windows are level with the ground and the cats love cat tv down there.  Muffin is in the top picture.
I also like to hang things from the beams in the ceiling since it is an unfinished ceiling.
I hope you have a blessed day!

Missy

12 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

Every minute counts. Beautiful quilt and I'm impressed with your progress. Going to be a stunning quilt, that is cozy/comfy.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Sarah said...

You're lucky to have such a nice basement- floor joists or no. My basement is only usable for storage. Love P in the dress form and kitty vision in the basement. What we do for our furkids!!

Rhonda @herchristianhome said...

Your quilting is often how I do my writing...little spurts at time. Your quilt looks so beautiful! I loved the picture of your cat inside your dress form. lol

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I just love your cake quilt. You are doing a great job, any time you have it is nice to be able to sew.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Some fun little swirls in the background around the cake swill help the cake stand out. You don't have to use a color as the cake is the star.

Little Penpen said...

Your quilt is looking great! Love the cat in the dress form! Lol

Cheryl said...

Your cake quilt is turning out beautifully!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Great quilt, and Pippi is beautiful!

Susan said...

I would definitely quilt in the background around those cakes - make them pop! Choose a thread that blends in, and save the pretty stuff to decorate the cakes some more.

Nancy said...

Your cake quilt looks beautiful, Missy -- sweet enough to eat! From the photo it looks like Missy is actually sitting inside the dress form. Is that where she is or is the photo misleading me? If she's inside it I think it's too funny. It's almost like being in a cage.

LA Paylor said...

so sweet, and lucky your snoopervisor approves. A good cat scan.

KaHolly said...

Lucky kitties! I used to tutor and sometimes miss the interaction. Enjoy your evening! XO

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8