"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Boone Hall Plantation

On Monday we visited Boone Hall Plantation.  This house was built in the thirties, and  they only let us see like four rooms on the bottom floor which was very disappointing.
This a new jumper I made!  I had it all cut out and the skirt sewn, but then I sprained my wrist and since I wanted to take this on vacation with me, my friend Chrystal finished sewing it for me.
This is the back porch of the mansion.  I want one of these!  LOL
This tree is over 600 years old.
This tree branch just made the perfect bench!
This was one of the slave cabins, these cabins were close to the house and reserved for the upper class slaves that had some kind of trade like black smithing.

Here is the gate in front of the mansion and a full view of the mansion.
The garden was not very pretty in this heat, but they had a sprinkler going that I walked through to cool down some.

The best part of the day was spending it with my husband!
Missy

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8