"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Busy, Busy

Just wanted to check in with ya'll!  I am making a dress, I hope it turns out.  I am almost done, Just need to add the elastic, bottom trim/hem, and the trim and ruffle on the sleeves.  I love to sew, but am not very fast with it.  My friend Chrystal and I have started teaching sewing to my helpers from the quilt.  They are making the same dress, just scaled down a little.  Chrystal made her dress in one day, she is a super sewer!
Baked and decorated a cake yesterday/today.  I went a surprise birthday and retirement party, combined for two people. (Hence the cake)
I am going to a TOGA treadleon gathering academy on April 14.  It is about one and a half hours from here in Lone Oak, TX.  I can't wait to go!  It is April 13 and 14 but my husband can't get Friday off, so we will just drive up there early on Saturday.  I am going to learn a lot about my treadle there.  I am taking the head with me.  They will also have a couple of quilting demos there.
I promise to share pictures and some tutes for ya'll later.
Meanwhile, have blessed Lord's Day tomorrow!
Missy

1 comment:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

sounds like there is a lot to learn! i hope you have a great time and learn TONS!!! : ) sending hugs to you!!!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8