"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, March 2, 2012

It's finished!

We finished the quilt!  I was not able to get the whole quilt in the picture, it was too tall for the clothesline!
Here is the scrappy back:
We all pitched in to buy some birdhouse material, but since it was expensive we just used scraps to finish it out.  I really liked how the back turned out.  I have to admit I didn't like the idea of the muslin binding, but several of the ladies picked that, and after putting it on I really liked it.  I was up until midnight on Wednesday working on the quilt so we could have it on Thursday for the party.  On Thursday I had to wash and dry the quilt and bake and decorate the birthday cake!
We threw a surprise party on Thursday night during bible study for Marie to give her the quilt.
Julia made her a special pin to wear and one of the little girls loaned her a tiara for the night and several of the children gave her cards and flowers.
She cried all night long during the party.  She was very surprised when she opened the present and found a quilt.




Then of course we had to eat!  Here are some miscellaneous pictures.










My husband is glad the quilt is done, now I can get some housework done!  LOL
I can also scratch one more UFO off my list, I did finish it Feb. 29 but did not get this post written for two days!  I have a lot of sewing projects I want to get done this month, sadly I won't be able to start another quilt until next month, too much to do!
Thank you for joining me from the beginning to the end of my quilting journey!
More posts of the quilt are here:
http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2012/01/birdhouse-quilt-progress.html
http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2012/01/birdhouse-quilt-update-2.html
http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-have-had-terrible-day-want-to-hear.html
http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2012/02/birdhouse-quilt-update-4the-back.html
http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2012/02/birdhouse-quilt-update-5basting.htm

10 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

That was such a wonderful surprise and what a lucky lady!

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Hi Missy,
The quilt turned out beautiful. The look on your dear friend's face says it all. What a thoughtful present from you and your friends. Have a great weekend.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay for you for the finish. But double yay for the love!! She looks so happy !! Thats awesome!

Rachel S said...

So beautiful!

Unknown said...

So awesome, I ran across your blog from Weekend Warrior Link party and I am now a follower. Please come by and check out my blog or follow it at www.newlifeovernight.blogspot.com

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful quilt and gift! Looks like it was a wonderful party! Thanks for linking!
Quilting by the River - Linky Tuesday

Katherines Corner said...

it's beautiful. What a wonderful celebration ti. I'm sure she was thrilled. I'm so happy you linked this post to the blog hop today xo

Quiltsmiles said...

Missy, Congratulaions on your finish. Looks like this project shared many joys through the journey and will be much loved.

Jane

Diane Kelsey said...

A wonderful project to be part of.

JudyCinNC said...

Thanks for sharing such a happy story and the quilt was beautiful. Judy C

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8