http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-have-had-terrible-day-want-to-hear.html ) after my car accident, I needed to finish the quilt bottom. We bought some pretty birdhouse material, but it was expensive and we did not have enough for a king size quilt. Lauren took the long piece from the back and sewed the two pieces side to side to make it wider. I took the scraps and cut 18 inch squares. I cut them again and then sewed the mixed pieces together, sewed them to the top and cut off the excess.
I took the leftover blocks from the front and sewed a strip for the bottom because I needed about another 5 inches. I used lots of scraps. Which I sewed on wrong and had to rip the seam out.
I cut a little more than six inches off and then sewed it in between the two pieces.
I wish I had done the same for top of the quilt because we added a part of the middle from the front of the quilt since we will have to cut off a couple of inches from the top.
See, I had lots of help with the back! LOLYour quilt back should always be bigger than your quilt top by at least 3-4 inches and you then trim it after quilting.
I did all this in less than a week while dealing with insurance coverage, car coverage, car repairs, a whip lashed back and two chiropractor appointments! LOL
Friday we basted and Saturday we learned how to hand quilt, I blog about that in the next two posts. though!
Skye sent me a picture of the finished quilt top too!
Have a great day ya'll!
See more posts about this quilt here: