"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Quilt Blocks

Hello everyone!  I hope ya'll are having a great week!  I have not had a chance to share a couple of blocks I made the past couple of weeks for The Sew Sweet Bee, organized by Donna over at Donna's Lavender Nest.
This month Jennie, from Clover & Violet, chose a block she had designed herself.  You can get the pattern Here.  Low volume is something new for me.  The star is supposed to be a solid color and the outside low volume.  I've never thought about, much less done low volume before so I hope she likes it!
 Heather from Vintage Grey had last month's block.  She chose a pinwheel.  I love the colors and prints she chose.  Aqua, pink and yellow.  I am going use these types of fabrics for my block.

My month is January and I need a 12 1/2 inch block.  I want to do a basket quilt but I cannot decide between a basket with a rick rack handle or a cactus pot basket.  I like them both!  Any suggestions?

  My knee is doing better.  I have had many people mention I need stitches.  I agree, but the hospital is an hour away and my elderly neighbor said they would not stitch it anyways, so we did not go.  Hindsight, you know!  I do have butterfly bandages on it now and there is no sign of infection.  I have been treating it with colloidal silver and lavender essential oil.  Once it starts scarring I'll put coconut oil and vitamin E on it to prevent the scarring.  I have been taking silver and coconut oil internally to help prevent infections from the inside also.

Since I cannot do much sewing because I can't get my knee comfortable, I have been watching some Christian movies while I worked on my Scrappy Trip Along Quilt.  One of the steps is sewing the strips into a tube and then having to unpick the seams. All the blocks were ready for the unpicking.   So I have been having  a froggy time - rip it, rip it.  If you have not made one, here is the pattern with visuals so you can understand.  I did the last 35-40 blocks.  Now I just need to sew them!  Yeah!

I hope you are having a great week!

Missy

5 comments:

Kim said...

So sorry about your knee. Hope it will heal quickly. Your blocks look great! One of these days I would like to make the scrappy trip around the world quilt,but for now, those UFOs are calling.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'm glad the knee seems to be getting along ok. What movies do you like?

Nancy said...

Both blocks are beautiful, Missy! I'm so sorry about your fall but glad to hear you're doing better. Take care.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I don't know if your injury would have needed stitches, but butterfly band aids are good. You are making another scrappy trip quilt? Can't wait to see it.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I was wondering how you are healing. Hopefully it will heal quickly.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8