"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, May 12, 2014

Rocking Chair refinish.

 I bought this rocking chair at an auction for $8.  The first time I sat in it, I plopped down and broke the seat!  My husband cut out a new seat for me.  I used two one inch foams, but I think I should have just used one for it to fit better, it sits too high now.  I totally messed up the patch work pattern too and the wood makes the chair off balanced.  But with all of that said, I still love it.  I am going to keep it in my sewing room.  Maybe one day I will fix it.  LOL  I only hot glued the material down and the wood is just sitting on top.
I had a friend over the other day and pulled out my new china and tried a new recipe.  It was fun!
 Yes, I know that the tablecloth is not ironed but it took over two hours to make the turkey and rice stuffed bell pepper.  Here is the recipe!  It was well worth the time!  Everything is thrifted.  $2 for the tablecloth, $4.50 for the teapot and $25 for the set of china!
Do you like to use your china when friends come over?

Missy

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I love your bentwood rocker. They are so comfy :)

It's fun to make a friends visit extra special.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute rocker and love the cover. I have a fear of anything with a seat like that. How fun to pull out the china and have a friend to eat.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

You did well at thrifting. We don't use good china although I have some and will probably have a couple more sets by the time everything is passed down in the family. I don't know if the kids want it or not but it will be there for them. The teapot is cute as a button.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely teapot. I used to set the table fancy all the time. The past few years, I just haven't wanted to very often.

Deborah Hamilton said...

Everything is very nice. I especially like that tablecloth.

Sarah said...

I have lots of china and very little matches - the leftovers of my grandmothers china after the shelves broke and it all fell, china from NYC China Town, sushi dishes from Miami, vintage from all over and a few newbies thrown in. I love mixing and matching for a meal - I just pick dishes based on the meal, mood and decor.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8